Saturday, June 30, 2018

Depression Common Cause of Suicide

Grace Wanjiku Matu owner of Mawingu Production (YouTube channel) is a youth with spina bifida who is involved in art for entertainment and educating the world.

She recently wrote a Poem entitled 99 problems that aims on raising awareness on depression a type  psychosocial disability that is overlooked... yet it is a common cause of barriers like exclusion and suicide among our communities. She describes depression in a poetic way, affirms that it is treatable and calls out for people to reach out!






I've got 99 problems                                                     
And happiness is one of them 
I've been feeling down lately 
But not the usual down
It goes beyond sadness and hurt
To a pit of loneliness and hopelessness
It's darkness really.....
Darkness that you somehow got yourself into
But you can't get out
It was entrance only but not exit
My energy plummeted to the floor 
My Confidence is non-existent
But I have this façade that I have to keep up
See I've heard it before, even done it before
Thinking I could give you a glance to my world
In the hope you'll be my savior
But you turn your back with word like 
Snap out of it!
You're such a Drama Queen!




It takes everything in me 
To smile and to be normal
But sometimes I have nothing at all
So I stay away disconnect from you and your plans
I have no energy to dance, to work 
I have got no energy for life

I've got 99 problems and silence is one of them
I hate the name calling
I hate the whispers
The weird look from my peripheral vision
I don't want to be weak
As she blatantly put it
I just want to be me 
But I don't know how to anymore
How you have care for a broken leg or an infected wound
But I have none for my broken heart and infected mind
I have no idea
I will silently drown my pillow with tears
Silently fight a battle I'm loosing 
Until I find the courage to work with a permanent Solution



Let's support Grace by subscribing to her You Tube channel (Mawingu Production) and remember that all disabilities are not visible let's reach out!.

Cheers!

No comments: