Thursday, May 12, 2016

No Fingers No School


In most developing parts of the world, it is really hard for children with disabilities to access education and in most cases this has affected their future and their independence negatively. Children with disabilities are usually denied their right to education by claims that their disabilities are more severe.

However, during my ministry activities I met a parent who has a child with a deformed hands (she had no two fingers on both hands). The girl was of school going age but she was not allowed in any school due to her mild disability. As I was in a casual conversation with her mom I asked her why she was not in school and she told me "no fingers, no school for my daughter". (Our ministry is doing a follow up to make sure that she joins school).

No comments: